I was honored to host my friends Olivia Fox Cabane, author of the New York Times bestseller The Charisma Myth, and Judah Pollack, a lecturer at Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and TEDx speaker, to talk about their latest book The Net and The Butterfly.
About the book: Drawing on their extensive coaching and training practice with top Silicon Valley firms, Cabane and Pollack provide a step-by-step process for accessing the part of the brain that produces breakthroughs and systematically removing internal blocks. In this book, you will learn to master the skills that will transform your brain into a consistent generator of insights. By trying the exercises in this book, readers will emerge with a powerful new capacity for breakthrough thinking.
Topics covered in the talk:
- 00:42: What the great thinkers have in common
- 06:41: Executive Network and the genius lounge (default network) in our brain
- 12:10: The science behind Brain Plasticity
- 15:20: Brain fitness and new ideas
- 16:45: Tools to train your brain
- 21:46: How new information acts as kindle for breakthrough ideas
- 28:11: Meditation and breakthrough thinking
- 29:24: Olivia’s thoughts on meditation
- 41:04: How constraints can be used to produce new ideas
- 49:00 What the Army learned from NASCAR
- And much more!
If you liked this talk, you can find my other interviews here.