About the book: In We Need to Talk, she outlines the strategies that have made her a better conversationalist – and offers simple tools that can improve anyone’s communication. Whether you’re struggling to communicate with your kid’s teachers at school, an employee at work, or the people you love the most – Headlee offers smart strategies that can help us all have conversations that matter. Celeste’s TED Talk sharing 10 ways to have a better conversation was listed as one of the most watched TED talks in 2016 (CNBC) and named the #1 must-watch TED talk for every recruiter and hiring manager (Glassdoor.)
Her talk covers the following topics:
- The smarter you are, the harder it is to be good in conversation
- How system one thinking is really useful
- Modeling behavior is strong among humans and how it can affect others
- The decline of empathy throughout the years and the impact on younger generations
- Human skill versus technological skill
- How we rate our conversational skills higher than they really are
- And much more!
If you liked this talk, and you don’t want to miss any other great talks, you can find my other interviews with Tim Ferriss, Sebastian Junger, Gad Saad, Ryan Holiday, and many more here. and make sure to subscribe to my newsletter!