Your Personal Life:
- I’ll always have time for that passion project.
- My family will always be there for me no matter how many phone calls or events I miss for work.
- I’m doing what other people tell me to do, I know this will eventually bring me happiness.
- She isn’t returning my calls, but I know she likes me.
- If I stretch the truth on my LinkedIn or Quora profile no one will know.
- Everyone likes me for who I truly am, not for what I can do for them.
- Real estate prices are soaring in X town, and it will be this way forever.
- That person doesn’t like me for X reason, and because I can read minds I’m certain of it.
- This company is the top dog now, and will always be the top dog in the future.
- I deserve the role I currently have.
- No one else can do what I’m doing.
- I deserve to be promoted.
- My skillset is unique.
- Well obviously that person was promoted because he is a kiss ass.
- I know what’s good for the customer.
- Being my dad loves my product, I know everyone else will.
- Because I set high revenue projections, I know I will hit them.
- My idea is unique.
- My users just don’t get it, they need this product!
- I’m going to be part of the 1% of startups that make it to a successful exit.
All wonderful assumptions that leave a trail of bodies in their wake when reality sets in.
Question your assumptions.
P.S – As Homer Simpson once said, “Thou shalt not take moochers into thy hut.” If you like what you read, please share this post and subscribe to my newsletter!